Why it is a necessity that we all #TakePositiveAction and #BePositiveChange
- Urgent action is needed to fight climate change (UN).
- Air pollution is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths worldwide (WHO).
By making it compulsory for companies with a 500k£+ turnover to measure & report publicly reductions in their emissions, we will progress much sooner towards meeting UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13.
Identify > Measure > Manage > Change
With compulsory and public reporting of emissions, companies will:
- see the extent of their contribution (positive or negative) to fighting climate change and improving the quality of the air we breathe
- be able to drive emissions out of our economy sooner rather than later
- be putting pressure on their supply chains in a positive way, by choosing suppliers that can prove they produce little to no emissions
Sign in two simple steps
- go to the link: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/210646 (only British citizens or UK residents have the right to sign) and click “Sign this petition”
- fill in “name”, “email”, “country” and “postcode” and hit continue
Start a petition in your country #BePositiveChange
If you are not a British citizen or UK resident, start a petition in your country (feel free to use wording from the petition we have started). We at SustainCase will do everything we can to support your petition. Meanwhile, you can always #TakePositiveAction and #BePositiveChange as a professional or by volunteering to help us.
1) “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts” United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13 (http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/climate-change-2/)
2) “Air pollution causes 1 in 8 deaths. It is the single biggest environmental health crisis we face” World Health Organization (http://www.who.int/sustainable-development/news-events/breath-life/en/)